|Facebook - Buffer App|
mandag den 30. december 2013
søndag den 29. december 2013
mandag den 23. december 2013
What is your Online Reputation by Kristian Kongstad Holm
- It´s NOT just your business website!
- Google says : “ your online identity/reputation is determined not only by what you post, but also by what others post about you, reply to a blog or social website, a status update, or just a tag on a photo”
How your online Reputation is formed?
- Comments made about your business or you name on social media such as Twitter, Linkedin, Facebook, Google+, a Blog like Blogger or Wordpress, a post on a newspapers website, Tumblr etc.
- Images about your business or you name online like Pinterest etc.
- Videos about your business or name on Vimeo, Youtube, Facebook, Flickr, metacalfe etc.
- Articles and posts published online about you or your business.
Comments that others make about you online positive or negative are there to stay, and if you don´t control over your online Reputation it may show up on one of the 3 first pages on Google, Bing, Yahoo etc.
Please remember that about 80% ( www.pwc.com ) of all people or companies research online about you or you business before doing business with you or your business.
72% of those that research will not do business with you if there´s is a negative comment.
90% of internet users only look at the first page on Google (search engine results) when doing online research.
So this is a little like first impressions when you meet new people or business, within 60 sec. you will make a evaluation of the person or business you meet, 80% of this 60 sec. will stay forever in your mind only 20% can be change.
So get it right the first time when you meet people, Online or face to face!
This is why Google+ and Facebook are so importen to you online Reputation.
70 % trust Businesses or you if you have minimum 6-10 reviews /articles there are positive.
Uncovering the state of your online Reputation
- The first steps is to find out what people are saying about you or your business online ( try to google it )
- Do you have positive content and reviews past the first page?
- If so, moving these items to the first page of Google would help your online Reputation.
- Since more than 95% of searches online don´t go past the forst page, YOU NEED TO OWN THE FIRST PAGE, with positive reviews or quality content as your personal website, Facebook, Google+ and LinkedIn, 1-2 Blogs that links to positive articles or story´s about you or your business.
Finding directories in your niche
- Do a Google search for your Key Word ( business or you name ) + you local city, business type etc. example Audi + 4x4.
- Check search results and record any directories that come up in the first 3-5 pages.
- Claim your business or name on these directories using the same info as your Google+ and Facebook page, and optimize your profile with pics, Key Words, address, description, specials etc…. but only good content!
Why claim your listings?
- Gives you more citation authority. The more times your name or business, address and phone number appears on the web, the higher your listing will rank.
- Access to new markets, Many people visit these directories who otherwise wouldn´t have been able to connect with you or your business.
- Company contact info is accurate, ensure all the info about the company or your name is true, accurate and up to date.
- Ability to respond to bad reviews, by claming your listing, you´ll beable to respond to people´s reviews. And by responding to these reviews, it shows that your care, and that people that write a comment can expect to get a reply, that will make them think twice about making a bad comment.
- More opportunities to get & post reviews, the more reviews/post you have, the more content is created and SEO loves new content.
- More content = more authority. Many others sites aggregate review/post/comments so they will appear in many others places on the internet.
Always make sure your Google+ and Facebook listing is updated first, then make sure that all the other directories have the exact same company name ( persons name ) address and phone etc.
Advertising and Spam, Don´t use reviews/post for advertising or post the same or similar reviews across multiple places, don´t post fake reviews intended to boost or lower ratings, it needs to look natural in Google eyes.
If you need a good review/post, ask someone you can trust as on LinkedIn when you Endorse people, ask family and close friends to write good and honest reviews / post about you or your business.
Responding to negative reviews
- Your goal in handling an upset customers or person should be threefold.
- They turn from upset to satisfied!
- They post positive things about you and rebut or remove their negative remarks/post
- You learn something about your business that will improve it and help to avoid future negative reviews/post.
If the negative comments/post is true…..
- Don´t ignore or hide
- Participate in the discussion and be honest.
- Add response to website and social media sites if necessary.
- Issue statement addressing the problem, addressing what has neen done.
If the negative comment is false….
- Post a professional response.
- Politely ask for the comment or review to be removed
- Post a response on your website, social media sites.
- Find or create positive contant about your business and use search engine optimization to get it of the first page on Google.
- Consult a lawyer and a Newmedia company like Cloudservants that can help you remove it faster from the first page on Google and for a small fee we will take care of you online Reputation for you. Please contact us for more information on www.cloudservants.com
Written by Kristian Kongstad Holm
#onlineraputation #reputationmanagement #kristianholm #kristiankongstadholm #seo #google+ #wordpress #blogger #twitter #facebook #linkedin #newmedia #webreputation@kongstadholm #kongstadholm
Please visit www.kongstadholm.com for more information
Merry Christmas to you all
From Kristian Kongstad Holm
torsdag den 12. december 2013
The skill of writing is to create a context in which other people can think.
In the ever changing landscape of social networking, you might be wondering if you are getting the most out of your business’s social engagement design? Here we define social engagement design as the process of gaining website traffic or attention through social media sites.
Social engagement design usually center on efforts to create content that attracts attention and encourages readers to share it with their social networks. Company messages, stories, and helpful information spreads from user to user and presumably resonates because it provides relevant, interesting and/or useful information. Hence, this form of marketing is driven by word-of-mouth, meaning it results in earned media rather than paid media.
We think of social media as just another marketing channel when we need to instead think of it as the influencer of all channels.
To improve your social media design, you must improve social networking and customer engagement. We have found 9 ways to accomplish these improvements that we use with our clients:
Know as much or more than your audience … valuable content is essential
- It is all about quality … quality is much more valuable than quantity
- It is about building relationships … meaning conversation is required. Don’t add to the noise
- A picture, video or image … is worth 1000 words. Visual marketing is growing rapidly
- Keep you messages … short, simple, and relevant
- Define … specific objectives for your campaigns
- Measure your accomplishments … against your objectives. Learn and apply learning
- There are NO shortcuts … it requires time and energy
- It requires persistence and patience … don’t give up
We are finding more and more businesses are defining meaningful ways to use social media, even if it isn’t always to sell directly.
Web merchants view social media more as a medium to build up brand awareness and customer loyalty than as a way to drive immediate sales, says Internet Retailer reporting on its latest survey of 175 companies that sell online.
Survey participants included 85 web-only merchants, 40 consumer brand manufacturers, 34 retail chains and 16 catalog companies.
Here’s a rundown of the findings by the numbers:
- 96 percent say social media campaigns are important to the future of their Internet business; 53 percent label it very important.
- 90 percent have a Facebook page, 75 percent are active on Twitter and 54 percent use Pinterest
- 51 percent post videos on YouTube, 9 percent use Google+ and 15 percent leverage Instagram.
The more success you have with customer engagement via your social media design, either on-line or off, the better your understanding of their needs and priorities. Having the best customer insights makes it much easier for you to define your next moves and improve your odds of success.
Please share a social engagement design experience with this community. Any questions or comments to add below?
So what’s the conclusion? The conclusion is there is no conclusion. There is only the next step. And that next step is completely up to you. But believe in the effectiveness of social media and word of mouth marketing. And put it to good use.
- It’s up to you to keep improving your social media marketing efforts.
- All you get is what you bring to the fight. And that fight gets better every day you learn and apply new lessons.
- When things go wrong, what’s most important is your next step.
- Try. Learn. Improve. Repeat.
Are you devoting enough energy improving your advertising?
Do you have a lesson about making your advertising better you can share with this community? Have any questions or comments to add in the section below?
Cloud servants is a new media company with a digital marketing and customer service agency. We partners have more than 44 years of business experience, we blogs on topics that relate to improving the performance of your business. Please also feel free to contact us at www.cloudservants.com
New media will stretch your thinking and your ability to adapt to change. We also provide some fun and inspiration along the way. Call us for a free quote today. You will be amazed how reasonable we will be.
#socialmedie #newmedia #cloudservants #kristiankongstadholm